Between a rock and a hard place

A little bizarre factoid for your Sunday morning reading pleasure...concrete is, apparently, used more than any other man-made material...in 2005 about six billion cubic meters of concrete was produced (that's about one cubic meter for every person on Earth). Those are the hard facts (sorry, I couldn't resist)...now for the tie-in...

As you may have noticed, I've been yearning for some over-sized, chunky rings for a while now, but the ones that I've been drooling over have been gem encrusted...and therefore hopelessly out of my budget...

With these concrete and stainless steel rings from designstudio however I get the bulk I have been looking for...and even some faceting on the "rock" ring shown on the left below...at an affordable price. The added benefit, of course, is that I can claim that my motivations are ironic rather than financial...the "disappearing meaning of postmodern theory" discussed by The Concrete Organisation perhaps.

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 6 comments:

  • Anonymous said...
    11:16 AM
    !!!!!!!! I want the faceted one because I think it would leave a nice mark on someone's jaw after I punched them, but I hope it's not so thick that it will feel weird between my fingers. For that price, though, I think I'll take the risk.
  • Hebden said...
    11:38 AM
    So...I see you're ready to Dayton as well ;)
  • WendyB said...
    1:35 PM
    I think you need to start buying a nice diamond poison ring on the layaway plan!
  • Hebden said...
    2:04 PM
    Excellent suggestion, I so agree...I've always thought how lovely a large, antique poison ring would be (very Lucretia Borgia).
  • accentuate said...
    2:04 PM
    wow! these are great.. i too have been looking for a ring that 'fits' and these have a really good edge (forgive all the puns)
  • 6:08 AM
    This will not actually have success, I consider this way.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...