Feeling Moorish?

Several years ago, in Selfridges sale, I bought a heavily reduced APC tunic top. The black and white geometric design was beautiful and, much as I hate to admit it, it seduced me into buying a top that really didn't really suit me. Okay, let's be honest...really, really didn't suit me.

So you can imagine the mixed feelings when I saw J Crew's Tangier blouse. I love the fabric...it conjures up images of sightseeing in Marrakesh or strolling around the Alhambra palace in Spain...staring at the geometric delights of Moorish architecture.
Unfortunately the cut of the top makes me think of the stereotypical "barmaid blouse"...as seen in kitsch cartoons or worn by antique Toby jugs. In case I'm flailing away on my own with this reference point, the barmaid leans across the bar...arms folded...a scoopneck top framing acres of décolletage. Bawdy humor ensues. Great if that's your thing but definitely not for me.

As the saying goes, "Those who do not learn from their mistakes, are doomed to repeat them..." I think, for once, I may actually have learned my lesson.

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 1 comments:

  • WendyB said...
    9:46 AM
    But I love the wench look! Those are always the hot girls in costume dramas.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...