“Some painters transform the sun into a yellow spot; others transform a yellow spot into the sun.” - Picasso

I'll admit right now that I don't actually need a new pair of sunglasses...but then, how often does need come into play when we're discussing prospective future purchases? And so, working on the premise that I need new glasses like a hole in the head (which presumably I could disguise with the new glasses), I am seriously coveting these beauties from Lara Bohinc.

Reminiscent of the Art Nouveau metalwork found at the entrances of Paris Metro stations perhaps they could help soothe my wanderlust...or is that asking too much from a pair of sunglasses?

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 5 comments:

  • 11:05 AM
    Those are some crazy creative sunglasses!
  • WendyB said...
    2:12 PM
    Great comparison!
  • Elizabeth said...
    5:39 PM
    This is the first time I've seen sunglasses do anything beyond protect us from the sun or massage our egos!

    They're beautiful.
  • Jennifer said...
    10:35 PM
    art nouveau makes me drool, and the lure of pieces that incorporate a reference to it has gotten me into enough trouble this year alone (yes, i am referring to 2008).
  • 10:44 PM
    I certainly hope it is not too much to ask of a pair of glasses. Fashion can be my escapism and contact to another world or country.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...