There’s many a slip twixt the cup and the lip…

Originally I was going to post a picture of this Chloe PVC brooch featuring some stylized calla lilies and suggest that anyone who fancied adding a little Chloe to their closets...or liked PVC flowers...hurry on over to Saks’ website as they were marked down to the $30-35 dollar range.

That’s what I was planning to say...but in the few days between seeing the brooches online and writing this post the sale price has gone up to $52. Which is more than a little sneaky...especially as this is the point in the sales when (as a conscientious consumer) I’d be expecting to see additional reductions...not additions. So, much as I love the look of this pin, it is now tainted by greed and will not be making it’s way into my closet...which, in reality, is probably a good thing...but we’re discussing principles here, gosh darn it.

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 3 comments:

  • Elizabeth said...
    8:13 PM
    That does it, brother, now I've heard everything! A sale item going UP in price?!

    Maybe I'd part with the $30 or so, but $52? Nah; I don't wear pins enough for that.
  • Sophie said...
    11:56 AM
    Saks Fifth Ave is tricky. I had a Marc by Marc Jacobs dress in my shopping cart for $180 something, but didn't buy it immediately. The next day it was still in my cart but had gone up to $208. Out of principle, I refused to purchase it.
  • Anonymous said...
    8:15 AM
    Thanks so much for this post, quite effective info.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...