If at first you don't succeed...click, click again

I've been casting covetous glances at Alexander Wang's aged wool hunter vest for quite some time now and with the sales in full swing I thought I'd see if the $550 it was originally priced at had become any more affordable. That was when things started to get interesting...

I got off to a good start with La Garconne, who had taken a satisfying 40% off and brought the price down to $330...Net-a-Porter, notorious for its meager discounts, came in at $392...but still I wasn't satisfied, considering the number of articles that I've read recently regarding the lack of enthusiasm amongst the Christmas shopping crowds I was expecting something more. And, after a fair amount of clicking, I finally tracked the jacket down at Mick Margo, reduced to $239...a full $153 less than NAP's sale price.

So the moral of my story is "Perseverence Wins The Day"...or possibly "just because the sleeves are missing doesn't mean the jacket will be any cheaper"...or even "as accessible and convenient as the big players are in the online shopping world it pays to check out the smaller, boutique sites (time consuming though that may be)".

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...