Think pink...the sequel...

Incredibly gray Sunday (would it kill the sun to make a cursory appearance, even for 5 minutes?) needs incredibly pink shoes...namely, these fuchsia stamped snakeskin numbers from Giuseppe Zanotti.

Apart from the overwhelming burst of color there is an additional element which I find enticing (in a completely "shoe geek" way). The majority of ballet flats have elastic in the heel...something which can, on occasion, transform the shoe into a modern day torture device designed to lacerate your ankle...funnily enough, this is usually about the time when someone makes an unfortunate comment about how comfortable you look in your flat shoes. These flats however appear to be elasticated on the sides...something which my optimistic side hopes may solve the issue (my inner pessimist, of course, feels that this may just transfer the pain to a hitherto unknown location).

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 3 comments:

  • Elizabeth said...
    4:16 PM
    Those are gorgeous, but I'm afraid of elasticated shoes for just the reason you mention. I also have a weird paranoia that the elastic will be so strong as to shove my foot forward into the toe of the shoe, thereby cramping my foot.

    I hope these work for you!
  • WendyB said...
    5:37 PM
    I'm not a flats wearer personally, but those are lovely.
  • Eli said...
    10:51 PM
    I once had a flat pair of shoes with that elastic back and I threw them away because they were absolutely painful. I swore to never purchase one like that ever again. What's worse is that those are probably really expensive, they're going to hurt like hell.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...